To shed some weight, it does not necessarily mean you have to reduce your overall body mass. An alternate way to reduce your body weight while simultaneously looking slimmer is to cut off some weight from your face. Therefore, here are some tips on how to lose weight from your face.
1. Perform Facial Exercise
Study shows that doing some facial exercise regularly is capable of slowing down the aging process of your facial features as well as tightening the muscles in your face, which in turn, reducing the number of wrinkles in your face.
There are various steps in doing these facial exercises, first is by mimicking the notion of blowing balloons by puffing up your cheeks and then deflating them to revert back into their normal condition.
Another type of facial exercise is by converting the shape of your face into a form called as smiling fish—that is sucking up your cheeks inside to your mouth, making your face resembling the facial structure of a fish. Let loose and then proceed with smiling wide that shows your whole teeth.
These two kinds of exercises supposedly help in decreasing the chubbiness of your face, most notably the cheek definition. Should you do it regularly every day, you will see the results in no time, although the minimum frequency of the exercise is at least two days in a day for 8 weeks.
2. Monitor Your Sleeping Schedule
People tend to underestimate the cycle of sleep. While sleeping is a routine, it is also necessary for growth and health, including for the care of facial features. The lack of sleep may cause various side effects for the body, including weight gain. This also makes your face wrinkled and unhealthy.
Lacking sleep will result in an increase for hormones, which includes an increase in appetite while slows down the metabolism process. This, eventually, is one of the reasons for people gaining weight.
Regardless of the need to stay up late at night, whether it is for work or study, it is better to have a decent amount of sleep, which is around 7-8 hours in one night. It is the most efficient way to shed some fat from face and body overall.
3. Cut off the Carbs
You should monitor the amount of carbs intake. While they are required, too much carb is one of the primary reasons for someone gaining weight. When you gain a significant amount of body mass, it affects how your face looks as well.
The best way to cut off the carbs while keeping yourself filled without getting yourself experience an increase of weight gain is, to eat some low carb food, and also exercise. These are some food that you should consider to avoid (or limit) when you plan to shed some weight, even the fat in your face.
Breads or Not ?
1. Bread – Comes in various kinds and actually pretty satisfying, but they contain a high number of carbs. If you do still want to eat some bread, at least try to consume them in a small portion, or try to make your own low-carb bread or loaves.
2. Generally, bread and grains (rice, wheat, and oats) are strongly not recommended since they contain too high of carbs to be included in the diet.
3. Fruits – Fruit is healthy, of course, but if you are aiming to shed some weight, there are certain kinds of fruit that you need to take into consideration; most of these are sweet and dried, such as banana, raisins, and mangoes.
One of the safest fruit to consume in a low carb diet is berries—they have a lower amount of sugar and fiber than most fruits so having them for consumption in a small amount is still fine. Additionally, apples, pears, and oranges are also good for you.
4. Vegetables – While they are usually low in carbs, some of them still do have the certain number of carbs that you should limit, most of these are high-starched vegetables such as potatoes, corns, and beets.
5. If you plan to go on a low carb diet, these kinds of food can be a perfect alternative that is worth if you consider them.
Food Low Carb
- Meat such as lamb, beef, and chicken
- Low carb vegetables such as spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, etc.
- Almonds and walnuts, for these two, be careful not to eat too much, however.
4. Avoid Alcoholic Drinks
It is widely aware that alcoholic drinks are bad for your health. While they provide the temporary sensation as a stress reliever, their low nutritional value and high calorie can disrupt the electrolyte balance within your body.
They can also cause fat building up, particularly in the area of thigh, waist, and face. In a more serious note, consuming alcoholic drinks may also cause heart function failure, which may also extend to a cardiac tumor.
In general, alcoholic drinks, besides hazardous, can also make you gain weight and avoid bloating.
Instead of consuming alcoholic drinks, what you should do is to include drinking plenty of water in your routine. It is said that part of the reason you look chubby is that your body tends to store excess water if you do not drink plenty enough.
The result could spread to your other parts of the body, including the face. Stay hydrated will keep you energized, healthy, and avoid your face from being too bloat. You should at least drink two liters of water each day.
5. Smile More
This one is the easiest exercise everyone can absolutely perform, especially since it is actually effortless. Besides helping you to shed some weight and fat off your face, it helps that smiling also brightens everyone’s day.
You could do many ways on how to lose weight from face. It is not that much different from losing weight from your overall body. While you are free to do it, instead of just cutting off some weight from your face, why not just shedding them off your body?
It makes you feel good and more refreshed, and you will be ready to handle everything. Living healthy is the best way to liven up your life.